“We are proud to continue to offer this program, which provides
assistance to the brave men and women volunteering their time and skills
to safeguard the people who live and work in the communities we serve,
including our employees,” said
Grants will be awarded to cover the costs associated with purchasing personal protective gear, communications equipment, firefighting tools, water handling equipment, training and related activities and materials that will be used to support volunteer firefighter and emergency responder operations (e.g., ambulance and first aid squads). Reimbursement for specific fire training classes, including the cost of training manuals and student workbooks, is also eligible. Regional or countywide applications are encouraged to maximize the number of fire and emergency organizations that would benefit from the grants.
To apply, organizations must submit an application, complete with the following information:
- Contact information, including name and phone number.
- Description of the organization(s) seeking support, including company name, address of company and county in which the company is located.
- Overview of the specific project to be funded.
- Grant amount requested.
- Problem/challenges that the project will address.
- Timeframe for implementation of the project.
- Summary of other sources being approached for support of the project.
- In addition to the letter of application, a project budget should be included.
The maximum grant amount awarded to any organization is
New Jersey American Water, a subsidiary of
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and
most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater
utility company. The company employs more than 7,100 dedicated
professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water,
wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people
in 45 states and
Source: New Jersey American Water
Denise Venuti Free
Director of Communications and External Affairs